Sunday, May 1, 2011

What am I doing?

Hihihi there.
How are you? I'm great. How did this come about? I've been hanging out with Left or Right for the past week while they toured up the country. I'm still not entirely sure what my role in this whole expedition was. I was dubbed ARGC and just ended up being some kind of roadie/guy that hangs out with the band. Great fun, I hang out with the guysh, sit in the back of the van assembling the Oh, Colour EP covers, drink beer, and casually do a bit of lifting/patching every now and then.
In brief; the ferry crossing was funny as. Experimental improvisation in the key of G. Mighty Mighty was awesome (as usual) heaps of friendly faces and good times. Kalah bar in Rotorua/Ngongataha was pretty buzzy, but turned out to be all good. The Yot Club in Raglan was fantastic. Pete Coddington, what a guy.

Me ole mate Shipsy has been doing a wicked job of multi-tasking, as official documentour and member of the  Oh, Colour assembly line. They're getting done slowly. we've got about 100 all folded and glued, so that's halfway. Maybe Ben and Paul will help us if we're not finished by the time they get here (which isn't today! haha what a massive fail that would've been aye Ben!!) Good thing I read the blog this morning.
Wow what an epic gig last night - Left or Right @ Khuja Lounge. Fire alarm goes off, gig has to pause, fire engines arrive, people gradually bail, then we are finally let back in and a few staunch fans are left to see the last couple of songs, what a great show of appreciation.
Here's another photo stitch job Shipsy did inside the van. Actually looks pretty cozy.
After the fire alarm escapade and the gig finished Shipsy and I went down Queen st on a pie mission and got kidnapped by  The Twitch who were driving home after their evenings gig. We woke up a few hours later in west Auckland and had pancakes and stuff for breakfast. Awesome work Fleur and Sims! What a great place. We went for a walk in their backyard (forest) paintball field with Pubes the dog.
I wish we had time for a game. They've built towers and dug trenches and heaps of other kool shit it woud be wicked. There's nothing like shooting people with coloured balls. That could work pretty well with this whole Oh, Colour thing. One day I'll organise myself for one of these tours. Kool story bugs.
DO YOU LIVE IN AUCKLAND? You should come to the first gig of the tour. Be the first one to get the brand new EP (man I hope we can pick up the discs without any hitches). If you can't make it to the gig for some reason, you should tell all of your friends and relatives in Auckland to come to the gig, and then you should come to another one of our shows.

I'm looking forward to picking Ben and Paul up at the airport tomorrow. I was thinking we should just not show up to collect them and mess with their heads a bit, but we'll see how that goes. Seedy and I picked up the role of trailer tetris master at pack-out today now that Metua and Mikey have left. I miss them already they were great value. This tetris is next level compared to the 42-date tour we did last year with Rackets. Metua has about a million drums. Oh well, we still have 2 weeks to perfect it.

Here's some pictures to keep you going.

Don't bite your fingernails.

Love Bugs


No comments:

Post a Comment